Gospel of John Chapter 1
- Who was in the beginning with God?
- Who was God in eternity?
- What was made through Him?
- What was in Him?
- What was the light of men?
- What was John the Baptist’s role?
- Who did not receive Him?
- What was given to those who did receive Him?
- In verse 14 where did the Word dwell?
- Who is the Word identified as in verse 14?
- What was the Word full of in verse 14?
- Verse 18 says that Jesus is the only begotten (only God). What was Jesus’ said to do for God here?
- What was the role of John the Baptist?
- Why was John baptizing?
- Verse 29 has John revealing Jesus as who?
- Verse 33 has Jesus baptizing with what?
- Which four disciples are named in John chapter 1?
- What do the disciples discover about Jesus?
- Where was the wedding in Galilee?
- How many water jars were there?
- Why were the jars there?
- How much water were they capable of holding?
- Who knew that Jesus turned the water to wine?
- Verse 13. Why did Jesus go to Jerusalem?
- Who did Jesus drive out of the temple?
- How long had it taken the Jews to build the temple?
- What temple was Jesus speaking of?
- Did the disciples remember Jesus speaking about this after He was raised?
- What was Jesus also doing at the Passover Feast?
- What did Nicodemus recognize differently about Jesus?
- What did Jesus say people could not see unless they were born again?
- What did Jesus say people could not enter unless they were born of water and the Spirit?
- What analogy did Jesus use comparing people that were born of the Spirit?
- What did Moses lift up in the wilderness?
- Why was the Son sent into the world?
- What is the judgment according to verse 19?
- What was Jesus doing in the Judean countryside?
- Why was John baptizing in Aenon?
- What discussion arose between some of John’s disciples?
- Whoever receives his testimony sets his seal to this, that God is ______.
- Did Jesus do the baptizing?
- What direction was Jesus headed?
- What town did Jesus come to?
- What field was there?
- What of Jacob’s was there that was significant to the story?
- What does Jesus offer the Samaritan woman?
- Are you __________ than our father Jacob?
- What will the water that Jesus gives become?
- How many husbands has the woman had?
- Where was the place one ought to worship?
- Where was salvation “from”?
- What was the Father seeking?
- Who will tell them “all things”?
- What did the disciples marvel at?
- What did the woman do in town?
- What did the disciples urge Jesus to do?
- Why did Jesus use food as a metaphor?
- What will the sower and reaper do together?
- How long did Jesus stay with the Samaritans?
- What did the Samaritans discover for themselves?
- A prophet has no honor in his ________?
- Where did Jesus return?
- Where was the official located?
- What did the official want Jesus to do?
- When did the fever leave the child?
- What gate was the pool by?
- What was the multitude of people at the pool waiting for?
- A certain man was there who’d been ill for how long?
- Why couldn’t the man take advantage of the pool?
- When did Jesus make the man well?
- Why did the Jews then persecute Jesus?
- Why did the Jews want to kill Jesus?
- “All judgment” had been given to who?
- Who does not come into judgment?
- What four “witnesses” to Jesus’ declaration are there?
- What verse states “I do not receive glory from men”?
- In verse 1 where did Jesus go?
- Who followed Him?
- Where did Jesus sit down? And with who?
- What feast was near?
- How much denarii worth of bread was insufficient?
- Fill in the blank: “This is truly the ________ who is come into the world.”
- Jesus perceived that the people were coming to take Him by force and do what?
- How far did the disciples row before seeing Jesus?
- Verse 26 says that the crowd followed Jesus because…?
- What kind of food were they to work for?
- Jesus in verse 35 is known as what?
- Why did the Jews grumble?
- What must the Father do in order that they come to Jesus?
- What is written in the prophets?
- What is true food and true drink?
- “It is the ______ who give life; the ______ profits nothing.”
- Who was a devil?
- Why was Jesus unwilling to walk in Judea?
- What feast was near?
- Were Jesus’ brothers believing in Him at this time?
- In verse 10, how did Jesus go to the feast?
- Were the people unified in who they thought Jesus was?
- In the midst of the in the temple what did Jesus do?
- Why did the crowd say Jesus had a demon?
- Why had no one been able to lay hands on Jesus?
- What is “rivers of living” water equated to?
- Which Pharisee exhorted other Pharisees about the Law?
- What did Jesus do early in the morning in the temple?
- Who did the scribes and Pharisees bring to Jesus?
- How many times did Jesus write in the sand?
- Jesus said “ I am the _______ of the world…”
- Where was Jesus saying He was going in verses 19-30.
- If they continued in Jesus’ word the truth would ______________?
- Jesus said to them “If God were your Father you would ________?
- Jesus said to them “if anyone keeps My word he will never see _______?
- Jesus wasn’t yet 50 years old but He claimed to see who?
- As long as I am in the world I am _______________?
- How did Jesus make mud?
- Which pool did he go wash in?
- When did Jesus make mud?
- Who climbs in the sheepfold another way?
- Who will the sheep not follow in verse 5?
- In verse 11 the shepherd does what for the sheep?
- Why does the Father love Jesus in verse 17?
- Why was there a division among the Jews?
- What feast was taking place in verse 22?
- Where in the temple was Jesus walking?
- Why did the Jews want to stone Jesus?
- Where was Lazarus from?
- How much longer did Jesus stay away before going to Lazarus?
- What was Thomas called?
- How long was Lazarus in the tomb?
- How far was Bethany from Jerusalem?
- Why was Jesus deeply moved in verse 33?
- Who did the chief priests and Pharisees gather?
- Who was high priest that year?
- What did he prophesy?
- What did many from the country go to Jerusalem before Passover to do?
- What were the orders of the chief priests and the Pharisees?
- How much costly perfume?
- The Pharisees said “The world has ______?”
- Which disciples in verse 22?
- If He is lifted up from the earth he will what?
- Did many of the rulers believe?
- Jesus spoke just as the Father ________?
- What did Jesus pour water into?
- What did Peter want Jesus to wash in verse 9?
- “He who eats My bread has lifted up what?
- Which disciple reclined on Jesus?
- What new commandment was given the disciples?
- Philip said to Jesus, “Show us the ______?”
- What was the Father doing in Jesus in verse 10?
- Jesus will not leave the disciples as what?
- Who is the Helper?
- Which verse says the ruler of the world is coming?
- Why were the disciples clean in verse 3?
- What is Jesus’ commandment in verse 12 for the disciples?
- What will the Spirit do when He comes in verse 26?
- The disciples are what to Jesus in verse 14?
- Whoever kills the apostles will think what?
- If Jesus doesn’t “go away” who will not come?
- In verse 25 Jesus uses figures of speech, but will soon speak plainly about?
- In the world the apostles will have what?
- The Father gave Jesus authority over all what?
- According to verse 3 what is eternal life?
- In verse 14 Jesus had given the apostles what?
- What did the world not know in verse 25?
- Which valley did they go across?
- Who was Malchus a servant to?
- Jesus was first led to who?
- When did Jesus go to the governors headquarters?
- Was Barabbas a thief?
- What color was Jesus’ robe?
- What question did Pilate ask Jesus in verse 9?
- Where did Jesus sit down in verse 13?
- What is the Place of the Skull called in Aramaic?
- What did the soldiers cast lots for?
- What kind of branch did the sour wine go on?
- Who did Pilate give permission to for Jesus’ body?
- How many pounds of aloes and myrrh did Nicodemus bring?
- What day of the week did Mary Magdalene come to the tomb?
- What was unique about the face cloth?
- Who did Mary suppose Jesus to be?
- What was Thomas called?
- Jesus came and stood among the disciples even though the doors were a) shut b) locked c) guarded d) jammed
- Jesus revealed Himself again by what Sea?
- How far were the disciples from the land in verse 8?
- What did the disciples see when they got on land?
- How many fish were hauled ashore?
- This was what time that Jesus revealed Himself to the disciples?